Sheepherders Breakfast Recipe
• 5 years ago
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 32 ounces frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 10 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp. Drain all but 1/2 cup of the drippings. Add hash browns to skillet; mix well.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning when browned. Make 10 “wells” evenly spaced in hash browns. Place one egg in each well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes or until eggs are set. Garnish with parsley; serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.